If you are over 18, have a bank account from the EU and access to the internet that’s all you need to start growing your money easily by investing online in peer to peer loans.
Why peer-to-peer lending?
- You can start from as little as 1 EUR
- It can come with guarantees and solid – over 10% returns
- There are free to use P2P investment platforms
- Liquidity can be high
Where to invest?
There are different platforms that offer over 10% annual earnings with guarantees, and no fees! To make the online investing process more comfortable, they also offer auto-invest options, so it can’t get any easier. Here are some of those:
- Mintos – the largest loan marketplace in Europe, established in 2015 in Latvia. You can invest in loans and earn a 12.24% average interest rate annually. Most loans come with the Buyback Guarantee, which means that even if the borrower is late on their repayments for 60 days, the lending companies who publish the loans will repay you the invested amount and the accrued interest, so your money won’t be lost, or stuck with the loan that the borrower is not paying back. So unless the lending company folds, your funds should be safe. To mitigate this risk, you can diversify across different lending companies (Mintos has over 50 partners among them), which you can definitely do since the minimum investment is only a Euro. It’s completely free to use the platform, and if at any point you want to withdraw your funds, you can sell them on the secondary market and get your money back.
- Viainvest– Another Latvian P2P investment platform, a part of Via SMS group that has been operating since 2008 in 7 European countries. You can earn 11% annually from all loans. Even from the shortest ones, which means high liquidity. It’s also free to use and you can start investing from 10 EUR. They have the Buyback guarantee for over 30 days of overdue loans.
- Grupeer – Also from Latvia, this is a relatively new company with the average returns of 13.45%. They also work with over 20 different lenders and offer the buyback guarantee for over 60 days of overdue loans.
I personally am investing with them and if you want to see my earnings with them, check My Portfolio.
Finally, if you want to take your first steps into earning passive income and investing online easily, in my opinion, p2p loans should be a go-to option. But always remember that investing involves risks and it is possible to lose some or all of the money, even though the companies I mentioned try to mitigate it.